Today was our big day running! I actually did finish although I had an incredibly slow time which I will not mention although you can probably see it on the clock. I was even able to give a wave as I was about to cross the finish line. I have to say that I have not had enough time to prepare as I probably should have but seeing how this is my first atheletic endeavor since I was little, I was pretty proud of myself. It was a little different running and not knowing how far you had gone or where exactly you were headed but I just kept following the crowd and praying that I could keep going. Oh, and I came in 269th out of I'm not sure how many, but there were a lot of people behind me so that made me feel a little better. The next time I run a 5K my goal is going to be 30 minutes or less. It might take me a while to get to that point but I really like running so I am going to keep it up.
Bryan had a very, very good run. He finished his 10K in 50 minutes and 58 seconds. He was about 5 minutes faster than he thought he was going to be and he didn't even seem too tired. He has been training a lot and it showed today. I was very proud of him. We have kind of made a pact to keep running and Bryan is really considering signing up for a marathon next year. I know he can do it! We had a very good and fun morning!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Medical Center 10K Classic & 5K Run/Walk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAH!!!! Congratulations Stephanie. I am very proud of you! And after having that awful virus... keep it up! And of course great job Bryan! Nothing feels better than beating your own expectations.
You are AWESOME! I an just now trying to get into running and it is NOT easy. My first 5K should be this December...I hope I do as well as you!
Post a Comment