Monday, December 8, 2008
Numbness
It's easy for us to ask God why things happen, but it's not alway easy to understand. This past weekend has been tough on many, many people. The majority of you already know that Bryan's dad has resigned from Highland Park Church and has decided to leave Kim (Bryan's mom). It has been both a shock and disappointment to say the least. Needless to say, things will never be the same. Bryan and I are lucky in some regards that we are not living in Jackson right now, but then again we feel like we can't do as much as we should for the rest of the family. We are getting bits and pieces from family members, friends, and other people and when the time is right I might explain more, but for now I am not going into specifics. It is going to be a long road of recovery for everyone. When the numbness wears off and the hurt and pain is more prevalent, Bryan and I are thankful that we know that God has a purpose for all of this, no matter how much this sucks. Please keep Kim, Amy (and Adam), Matt, Bryan, HP, the many others that have been hurt, and yes, even Robert, even though that is hard to say right now in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no, Stephanie. I am so sorry to hear this. Dave and I will definitely keep Bryan's home family in our prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
Post a Comment