Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Additions

Last week I had two days off of work thanks to a state-wide Beta Convention. I enjoyed my time off by exploring many consignment stores and for the most part just window shopping. In amongst the shopping, I was able to find a new glider rocker and ottoman at Wal-mart which made our first addition to the nursery. It is ultra comfy and I absolutely love gliding in it while I am reading. Maybe in the coming weeks we can make a crib another addition. :)



I was also able to find a table at the flea market that could go under our circle mirror in the living room. The mirror had just been sitting on the floor for the past couple of months and so it is really nice for it to actually be useful. I was given quite a lecture from Bryan about not haggling over the price of it though. I am not a haggler and I would not have paid for the table if I did not think it was a reasonable price. I think it is cute, it was the right color, and it has character (One thing I mean by character is the fact that it does have a slightly warped board on the top right, but I should be able to hide that at least some). I still need to add some accessories on top, but here is a quick view of the second addition that was made to our home.



The last addition that I made over the weekend was actually a piece of art that was Bryan's idea. We had a poster in our office and we decided to make a custom mat and frame of several of our favorite photos from over the past few years and some from Bryan's daily photo blog. I think it turned out great and we have the flexibility to change out the photos whenever we like.


2 comments:

Kelly & Nathan said...

It all looks great Steph! See you SOON!!!

Shaundra said...

Very cute table! I love cute and inexpensive finds. It makes my day to find such a gem!