Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Unconventional Fast Food
Everyday I have a 45 minute commute from home to school and then from school to home. On Tuesdays I usually stop in Cave City to grab something to eat on my way to the Housing Authority so that I don't have to waste time eating once I get back to Bowling Green. There are a few fast food options in Cave City such as McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, Subway, and that's about all. There also happens to be few sit down restaurants such as er Barrel, El Matzalan, and a few others. Now I have eating in the car down to a science. I can eat just about anything and not make too much of a mess unless it is salt from french fries or crumbs from chicken nuggets. I usually do leave a salty mess on the seats and floor board. Other than that I do pretty well. Today I just wasn't feeling like I wanted anything in the fast food options. I had in mind that I wanted a nice meal from er Barrel. So what did I do? I walked inside placed my order and can you believe in less than five minutes I had a plate steaming full of chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, okra, and cornbread. Less than five minutes I tell you. Now that is pretty fast! As I was contemplating getting er Barrel I was a little apprehensive because I knew that I could be faced with quite a mess if I was not careful. I decided I would take the risk and boy did it pay off. er Barrel has the most nifty containers for easy transport. I was able to place the segmented plate of food on my left leg which also had the stability of the car's door handle and I was able to eat my food without any problems whatsoever on the Interstate drive back to BG. Although I will not be stopping by all the time for a quick on the go meal at the er Barrel because of the significant increase in price compared to other more traditional fast food places, I have to say it will be placed on my traveling food options from now on. It definitely hit the spot today and I was glad to find out about this unconventional fast food choice. I will add that it should probably be noted that if you go at certain times of the day it might not be a fast option, but it will still probably be a tasty one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thats hilarious!
Post a Comment