The past couple of days I have been making a lot of progress in my classroom. I am not going up to school again until the day before our Back to School Bash on the 31st so I had to get it as presentable as I could so that I can finish some last minute things then. I only have a few bulletin boards to complete and I am going to have to move one piece of furniture to make room for the computer that goes along with the whole videographer position I now have.

This is the view from the door.

The cubbies

Part of my classroom library area (some books still need to be sorted as you can see from the stacks on the left side of the photo)

The math board

I used the cabinets for our word wall where all new words that we learn will be posted.
We also now have a concrete slab! We can now begin working on the new garage as soon as we get the building materials ordered. As least we have something done though because for the last six months we have had to store garage stuff all over the place like on the deck, in the basement, behind the house, etc. It drives me crazy! I am thankful that the tree fell in our garage because it was in really bad shape when we bought the house, but I just wished that it didn't take so long to replace it. Here is a picture of the progress so far:

On a different note, one of the baby birds, from the third set of baby birds that have hatched in a nest on our front porch this year, fell out a few minutes ago. I am not sure if he decided he was tired of sitting in the nest or if he got spooked, but he is now on the ledge a few feet below the nest and he was obviously not ready to fly just yet. The mother and father bird are chirping away trying to figure out wether how they can return the little guy back to the nest or get him to fly. I feel like I should do something but I am not sure how I can help without causing the parents to shun the baby bird forever because it smells like a human or without them pecking my eyes out for getting close to their baby and the nest.
*In the time that the pictures were uploading I went to check the status of the baby bird. It is now gone so I am assuming the parents convinced the little guy to spread his wings and try to fly early. I'll check later to see if he returns to the nest.


Two views of the baby bird

The father and baby (maybe giving him a pep talk?)
1 comment:
I KNEW you'd have a great classroom! Everything looks so nice... and your classroom library is incredible. Those first graders are so lucky to have you!
AND I LOVED the picture of the Daddy bird giving baby birdy a pep talk. That was so precious.
As always... I miss you!
Post a Comment