Saturday, May 2, 2009

Life Flies When You're Busy

I'm sure all of you realize that life is a whirlwind. I was reminded of that when talking to my mom today. I usually talk to her or my dad at least every other day if not every day in some form or fashion. When my mom called today I realized I had not talked to her since Monday and I had not even realized it. My week has been crazy busy. We luckily had a wonderful Young Authors' Conference today and for the past week in some of my spare time I had been preparing for it. I had a few problems dealing with the set up crew in the Downing University Center on WKU's campus, but other than that things went pretty smoothly. I am super glad it is over! Bryan was our council's official photographer so maybe I can post some pics from the event soon.
This week I also met about my thesis which I will be working on through this fall and next spring so that I can be a little more relaxed while working on it. I also made sure that I was added to the literacy tutoring list at WKU and good news, I already had my first call about a tutoring job. Since I won't be working full time once the baby arrives, I am hoping to bring in some extra income by working at the Housing Authority part time and picking up at least five tutoring clients each week if not more. I am excited about this new stage that is developing in my world of teaching.
Speaking of teaching, school is extremely crazy right now as we are entering into the last month of school. The kids are ready to be out and I am even more ready to be finished with this year. Luckily we only have 17 school days left, not that I am counting or anything. We spent Tuesday at the Nashville Zoo for our annual first grade field trip. Although the day was exhausting, the zoo is absolutely wonderful and I would love to visit again without first graders all around me asking me questions and screaming my name.
We also finished working on Bryan's/the baby's closet this week. We completely removed what was in there which was basically a board and rail for clothes, painted the inside white, and then added wiring shelves so that it matches our laundry closet. We hope to also do that to the other two closets in the house, but that will come later.
We are in the process of putting our house back to normal and will possibly be making room for a baby bed in the next few days.
With all that being said, life flies when you are busy! I am just thankful that in the whirlwind that we call life that we are given so many opportunities for adventure and good times. I am also extremely thankful that when my life gets so busy, that you don't hesitate to send a quick message or make a quick phone call to let me know what's going on in your life because I truly care and I love you all even though it might seem as if I have fallen off the planet for brief snippets of time. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I don't think I realized that you were going to stay at home one they baby is here; that's wonderful! And it's great that you've found little projects to still do. Can't wait to see how your nursery is coming along!