Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Very Honest Truth About First Grade

I took some video of my students at recess yesterday just to test out my new camera. Here is what I found out about their very honest thoughts about first grade. It probably didn't help that I asked them what they liked best about first grade while they were outside. I know you don't know these kids and you probably don't care anything about this, but I think it is adorable. Watch one, all, or none. I like watching others' videos to find out more about their lives so here is a glimpse of what I do every day.
We have been journeying to the continents this week (either on Tillery Airlines or by boat) and we have had several snacks that relate to specific things on the continents of North America, South America, Europe, and Asia so far. Many of the students mention making the Eiffel Tower (out of toothpicks and gum drops) in case you can't figure out what they are saying.


This was on our trip back to Kentucky after we visited South America. Each student had a passport, paper camera (to help them capture pictures in their minds), and the craft that they made during the visit (sombrero hats, parrot puppets, etc.).


I love this picture although it is not the finished Eiffel Tower. The finished product looked like the picture below.


...and now for the videos!!!









2 comments:

Shepherd Fam said...

Wow! They are really cute, but I can see how you might be ready for some adult conversation after a whole day of teaching little people. I don't think I could be a teacher, but I'm glad there are people like you out there!!

Shaundra said...

LOL! They are sooooo cute! "I like to make snow angels." :)