Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So Much To Do, So Little Time

Time is quickly slipping away. With not much time left, I feel like I have transformed into a machine. I work all day, which is still good by the way. It's such a lovely group of kids in the first grade this year. When I arrive home, on some nights I tutor for an hour, and then I get to work on finishing up all the things I want done before Seth makes his debut. I work and work and work and then when it comes time to go to sleep I still don't feel tired. So far, I thoroughly cleaned and straightened the house except for two rooms. I have decorated for the coming autumn season. I have worked on the jelly cabinet that will hopefully be painted and in its corner near our kitchen very soon. I have reorganized Seth's closet and rewashed all of his bedding and blankets and such. I tried sewing some cute burp cloths but ended up bending my sewing machine needle so that one will have to be put on hold, but I have done all of this stuff since Sunday. It's crazy I know. I just hope all this productivity can last just a couple more weeks and Baby Seth holds off on his arrival until I get everything done because I still have a strong urge to stock the freezer with some ready-to-go meals and I have a few more things I want to do in the house before he arrives. For one I want to finish that cabinet. It's driving me nuts not being done and I found a really cool recipe for cinnamon dough garland which I want to make to add to the autumn decorations. More coming on that in a later post. I also have to get started washing the cloth diapers that arrived today! So many people keep trying to tell me that all this preparing and stuff doesn't matter, but to me right now, I HAVE to do it and I feel like it's better than just sitting around and wishing my time away. It's weird how this nesting thing takes over.

1 comment:

Shaundra said...

Love the garland idea! I may just have to make one for myself! Thanks for the link. Its a cute blog too!