Tuesday's are filled with my Summer Reading Program and small group. My students and I enjoyed almost two hours of reading, some delicious pizza, and a pit stop for ice cream. We were supposed to have a tour of the Daily Times in Glasgow, but the guy that was supposed to give us the tour stood us up. We still had a great day! After I dropped everyone off, I went to school to work in my room a little more and then I made my weekly home visit to read with one of my students for about an hour before going home.
Today I have been working non-stop on homework, homework, and more homework. I am having to do a ton of reading, writing, and thinking. The reading and thinking I enjoy, but not so much the writing. I am trying to work in advance as well because I will be leaving town tomorrow evening to go to Lexington for a Kentucky Reading Association board meeting and leadership workshop. I am very excited about it (I know I am a geek)!
I also found out this week that my proposal to present at the Kentucky Reading Association Annual Conference in September was accepted. I will be teaching a one hour session about bridging the gap between school and home through family literacy nights. I am nervous but looking forward to it.
Here are a few pictures of Tuesday's adventures.
The kids earned a pair of sunglasses from the public library for so much time reading, so we all wore our sunglasses anytime we were in the sun or in the car.
This is the little boy that I visit and read with each Tuesday.
1 comment:
Stephanie,
You have definitely found your calling! I think what you do with these kids is AMAZING! You're wonderful!
Love, Cat
Post a Comment